free trial issue subscribe back issues
Fig.1: West Colonnade at Philae viewed from north (photo: Frith et al. 1862).
The Temple complex at Philae was approached from the south by twin colonnades or roofed walkways which ran parallel along the western side of the island. The longer west colonnade, shown here in an 1858 albumin print by Francis Frith, flanked the western shoreline.
The rock-covered slopes of nearby Bigah Island can be seen at right.
Athena Review Image Archive™ | Guide to Archaeology on the Internet | free trial issue | subscribe | back issues
index of Athena Review |
| Research Pages |
Copyright © 1996-2010 Athena Publications, Inc. (All Rights Reserved).