Athena Review Image Archive  

Philae: West Colonnade (photo: Frith 1858)
    .


West Colonnade at Philae viewed from north (photo: Frith et al. 1862).


The Temple complex at Philae was approached from the south by twin colonnades or roofed walkways which ran parallel along the western side of the island. The longer west colonnade, shown here in an 1858 albumin print by Francis Frith, flanked the western shoreline. The rock-covered slopes of nearby Bigah Island can be seen at right.
.
.
.

Athena Review Image Archive™     back issues 

Main index of Athena Review  


Copyright  ©  1996-2016    Athena Publications, Inc.  (All Rights Reserved).


Copyright  ©  2017 Rust Family Foundation