Location: Athena Publications, 49
Richmondville Avenue, Suite 308, Westport, CT 06880
USA (1 hour from NYC by train)
Review, a quarterly
journal of archaeology, history and exploration, has an
opening for an editorial assistant. This is an excellent opportunity to
first-hand knowledge of all areas of magazine production. The
candidate should have experience in publishing, and possess excellent
research, and proofreading skills. This job has great opportunities for
advancement, and requires computer proficiency, versatility, an
detail, and the ability to learn quickly.
- Strong communication and
- Exceptionally organized and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent editing, proofreading, and writing abilities.
- Adept with database management and creation.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- B.S. or B.A. degree minimum, Background in Archaeology, History, or
- Knowledge of MS office, Quark and Adobe Photoshop. Web experience a
- Prior experience (1 yr) in magazine production.
- Performing organizational and administrative tasks related to the
circulation departments. Functions include daily upkeep of databases,
of manuscript submissions, and filing.
- Maintaining an active correspondence with authors, including
the field, and preparing manuscripts for production.
- Working with museums and others sources of illustrations to obtain
- Converting text files into magazine format, and varied copy-editing
- Editing magazine articles and sections for content, structure, and
Tracking and entering author’s corrections and editorial
- Assisting editor with researching material for articles, and writing
summaries for the print journal and website.
- Enhancing and maintaining the online Athena Review Image Archive®, and assuming responsibility for
tracking and responding to web requests for image reproduction.
- Scanning graphics, performing preliminary formatting, and working
art personnel in the production process.
to Apply for this Job:
interested, please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail: email@example.com; phone: 203/221-0240;
or fax: 203/221-0321.
Galleries & Museums | Archaeology
on the Internet
1996-2006 Athena Publications, Inc. (All